By Odisha Story Bureau, Bhubaneswar:
Dr. Hrushikesh Panda, Dr. Triloachan Pradhan, Ms. Shruti Mohapatra, Dr S K Nanda, Prof Amitav Acharya, Prabhudutt Pradhan, Bhagban Meher, Shiv Sunder Das, Daitari Panda, Dr. Basanta Kar , Ms. Jyoti Rout , Ramakanta Jena will receive awards on 6th December 2016 at Mayfair, Bhubaneswar
OdishaDiary (www.orissadiary.com) one of the leading news portal in Odisha has announced names of recipients of Odisha Living Legend, Youth Inspiration and OdishaInc Awards for the year 2016.
This year the award has been dedicated to the immortal memory of the legendary leader Shri Biju Patnaik to commemorate the Birth Centenary of the Father of Modern Odisha. The ceremony will also host an oration, the Living Legend Oration, focusing on the Creating Legends among the second generation leaders. The Waves and Vibes series of dialogues will be launched by Sri Subroto Bagchi, the head of Skill Development initiative of government of Odisha. Acclaimed artist Bijaya Biswal will demonstrate a live sand art. He will make the art on Biju Patnaik to mark the occasion.
The award ceremony will be held at 4.00 pm, 6th December 2016 at Mayfair Hotel in Bhubaneswar. OdishaDiary confers Odisha Living Legend, Odisha Youth Inspiration and OdishaInc Awards to leading individuals and groups that have made excellent contribution to different walks of life in the state of Odisha. OD completes its 11th Year on 11 November 2016 its successful operation and enters its second decade. Finance Minister Pradeep Kumar Amat will attend the award the function as Chief Guest and will confer the award to the Odisha Living Legends, Youth Inspiration and Odisha Inc Awardees.
Honourable Debi Prasad Mishra, Industries, School & Mass Education Minister, Government of Odisha, Hon. Bikram Kesahri Arukh, IPR, Forest and Environment, Parliamentary Affairs Minister of Odisha and dynamic youth leader Shri Priyadarshi Mishra, MLA Bhubaneswar North are likely to attend the event as guests of honour. These awards launched in 2011 have emerged as the most important civilian award to acknowledge and recognize extraordinary and inspiring contribution to Odia society.
In last four years many leading names including Tulsi Munda, Priyambada Hejmadi, Pratibha Ray, Sarthak Behuria , Sabyasachi Mohapatra, Sitakanta Mahapatra, Jharana Das, Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, Manorama Mahapatra, Kishore Mania, PK Mahanandia, Santrupta Mishra and Uttam Mohanty etc have been awarded.
Living Legend Awardees 2016
1. Science – Dr. Trilochan Pradhan (He is the founding director of Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar (1974-1989). Trilochan Pradhan, obtained his PhD from the University of Chicago in 1956. He headed the Theoretical Nuclear Physics Division at the Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (1964-74) and served as the vice chancellor of Utkal University (1989-91))
2. Literature- Dr. Hrushikesh Panda (Hrusikesh Panda is a well known fiction writer of Odisha. Dr Panda has published eight novels, eight collections of short stories and four plays. Besides he has written some essays on contemporary issues. He has made several short films, both feature and non-feature, for which he has composed the music.)
3. Public Policy – Dr S K Nanda (Former Gujarat cadre IAS now promoting Odia culture across the globe and the main person behind Gandhinagar’s new Jagannath Temple) and Dr. Basanta Kar (Internationally acclaimed nutrition policy expert from Kendrapara)
4. Art- Bhagaban Meher (Master Weaver and National Award winner from Bargarh) 5. Education: Prof Amitav Acharya, UNESCO Chair Professor, American University Washington.
5. Entertainment – Daitari Panda (acclaimed mass theatre (Jatra) personality, dedicated his life to Jatra Jagat since last 40 years ) and Prabhutta Pradhan (Music director of original Rangabati, Sambalpur)
6. NRO – Dr S K Nanda (Former Gujarat cadre IAS now promoting Odia culture across the globe and the main person behind Gandhinagar’s new Jagannath Temple) and Ms. Jyoti Rout (USA –based Odissi Guru)
7. Social Service –Ms. Shruti Mohapatra (Bhubaneshwar based activist is a tireless crusader for the physically challenged)
8- Sports- Mr. Shiv Sundar Das- Only the second cricket player from lowly represented Odisha to make it to the Indian Test team. As a genuine Test opener, Shiv Sunder Das has contributed a lot to the Odisha cricket.
9. Special citation to Ramakanta Jena (Editor and journalist of one of the Oldest Odia literary magazines published from rural area of Dharmashala-Jajpur )
Youth Inspiration Awards
1- Literature – Kedar Mishra (Writer, critic, journalist from Sonpur)
2- Entertainment- Soumendra Padhi (Director of Born to Run)
3- Journalism – Ms. Alaka Sahani (journalist and film critic)
4- Public Policy- Piyush Rout (Urban planner, activist)
5- Art- Sashwat Joshi (Odisssi Dancer from Sonpur)
6- Sports- Masi Hantal (National Judo champion from Malkangiri)
7- Art – Birendra Pani
8- Social Service- Mahendra Kumar Nayak
1- Bikram Swain- choregrapher of Tiger Shorff
2 – Youth of Gailo Ghati Accident- Deogarh
3- Civil Society organizations of Malkangiri fighting Japanese Encephalitis
4- E Kiran Mohan – Blogger from Bargarh
Odisha Inc Award
1 . Odisha Inc Women Entrepreneur – Anita Pattnaik
2. Odisha Inc Green Award – OCL
3. OdishaINC CSR Award – IFFCO, JSPL
4. Odisha INC Best Brand Award – NALCO
5. Odisha INC Business Leadership – K.K.Parida
The selection followed a three phased process. First phase a list of names was prepared by the OD Team on the basis of readers’ feedback. Second phase included the consultation with the selection. Third and final phase included the publication of the name of the awardees after a process of consultation and interaction with the short listed candidates. The final decision was taken by the jury on the basis of broad consensus. OdishaDiary (OD) has completed its first decade this year. In last ten years the website has emerged as a towering institution to report and represent Odisha at the global stage.
The Odisha Living Legend Award, Odisha Youth Inspiration Award selection committee members included Padmashree Kailash Chandra Meher, Shri Sarthak Beuria, Dr. Annapurna Pandey, Sri Prakash Chandra Nayak, Sri Sujit Mohapatra, Prof. Kamala Kanta Dash and Sri Pradeep Baiasakh. Odisha Inc Awards has been selected by Odisha Diary team members.