By Odisha Story Bureau, Mumbai:
- One-year General Insurance Training Program stretched across campus and OJT (with Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited) offers a perfect blend of classroom and practical knowledge to students.
- The General Insurance Training Program has been designed to nurture industry leaders of the future by imparting domain expertise and skillset in the field of Insurance.
- Successful completion of the Training Program will lead to a Post-Graduate Diploma in General Insurance and offer employment at Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited.
- Selection of participants in the General Insurance Training Program will be based on a pre-defined selection process by Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited.First part of the
- General Insurance Training Program will commence in March, 2017 in Bangalore.
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Manipal Global Education Services (MaGE) to offer a customised General Insurance Training Program for participants at the Manipal Academy of Banking & Insurance in Bangalore.
MaGE’s General Insurance Training Program is a customised residential one-year full time training program comprising of four months on-campus residential training and two months of internship followed by six months of On – the –Job Training at an Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited branch. It is designed to skill learners on various areas to equip participants with the necessary domain knowledge in General Insurance and also to enhance their competency and business development skills.
On the successful completion, students will be awarded a Post-Graduate Diploma in General Insurance and will be offered employment at Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited. The aim of the General Insurance Training Program is to mould officers of high calibre in the field of general insurance and create productive workforce. The first part of the General Insurance Training Program will commence on March 2017 in Bangalore.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Neelesh Garg, CEO & Managing Director Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited said,
This is a proud moment for us to be pioneers in the General Insurance space, in initiating a partnership of such nature with MaGE.
Given that we are in the business of risk, domain expertise plays a very important role at every level of the business. Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited would be pleased to have on board students who will successfully complete this course, as they will then be equipped with the required expertise to take on the day to day challenges of the insurance business. We at Tata AIG are thought leaders in a knowledge industry and have a strong culture embedded in learning and this partnership is a step in that direction.
Mr. S Vaitheeswaran, MD and CEO, MaGE said,
We are delighted to enter into the MoU with Tata AIG General Insurance Limited. MaGE aims to provide quality education, training and skills with strong industry connect and this program with Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited reflects that deep interest and commitment. MaGE has been successfully applying this Industry-Academia business model with other insurance companies in India. We believe relationships such as these will be truly beneficial to the industry, ensuring first-day-first-hour productivity. We are sure this program will pave the way to many active collaborative engagements that will benefit the Insurance, Banking and financial services industry.