New Delhi: The Winter Session of Lok Sabha will start from today onwards and the Government has listed total six bills which will be discussed and voted in the House. One of those bills are the Amendment Bill of Aadhaar Act, 2016 which will allow private entities to use Aadhaar number for verification through voluntary and informed consent of Aadhaar number holder. I
The Lower House will also discuss about the Rafael Fighter Jet deal issue which is sought by the Congress President Rahul Gandhi, on personal laws relating to marriage and divorce in Hindus, Budhists, Sikhs, Jains, Muslims, Christians and inter-religious marriages.
The six bills which the government has listed for discussion and voting in the Lok Sabha are:
- the Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- the Personal Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2018,
- the Dentists (Amendment) Bill, 2017,
- the Companies Amendment Bill, 2018,
- the National Medical Commission Bill, 2017, and
- The New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Bill, 2018
Today, the government will also table reports of parliamentary standing committees of ministry of finance, ministry of railways, ministry of agriculture, ministry of law and justice, ministry of coal and steel, ministry of social justice and empowerment and ministry of personnel, public grievances and pension.