By Odisha Story Bureau, New Delhi:
Jaipur is all set to host the biggest literary show on earth from 19th to 23rd January
2017 marks ten years of the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival and its meteoric rise from a small gem of an idea to the world’s largest free literary festival, having hosted more than 1300 speakers over the past decade.
Frequently described as ‘the greatest literary show on Earth’, the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival 2017 will take place between 19 and 23 January 2017 in its beautiful home at the historic Diggi Palace Hotel in Jaipur. The festival expects to welcome over 250 authors, thinkers, politicians, journalists, and popular culture icons to Jaipur this coming January. Equity and democracy run through the festival’s veins, placing some of the world’s greatest wordsmiths and intellects from all walks of life together on stage.
This year, the festival will celebrate one of the world’s largest democracies through the theme ‘The Freedom to Dream: India at 70’ and drive conversations around modern India in the context of its history and its future. Some of the luminaries set to make their mark at this year’s edition are Paul Beatty, Prasoon Joshi, Gulzar, Chitra Banerjee Devakaruni, Vikram Chandra, Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam, Roberto Calasso and Narendra Kohli amongst others.
General Entry: Free
Delegate Entry – Chargeable (for details visit www.jaipurliteraturefestival.
The Festival Delegate benefits
- An access badge that enables entry to the Festival Hub- Diggi Palace. Entry and seating at session venues is on a first-come basis
- Buffet Lunch at the Festival Hub. The Delegate & Author Lunch Area is located adjacent to the Front Lawns (Valid: 19 – 23 January 2017)
- Buffet Dinner at Hotel Clarks Amer. Dinner will be served at the swimming pool area next to the main stage. (Valid: 19 – 22 January 2017)
- Admission to all concerts at the Music Stage venue- Hotel Clarks Amer. (Valid: 19 – 22 January 2017)
- A Festival tote bag with goodies including the Festival Brochure and Programme
- Access to the Delegate Lounge for those wanting to grab a complimentary refreshment or take a break from the crowd. Delegates can also purchase meals at the restaurant located within the Lounge
- An invite to a ‘Delegates Only’ session and cocktail evening on 22 January 2017
- Admission to two special Festival Fringe events at a heritage monument
- Usage of the evening Festival Shuttle Service from Diggi Palace (Festival Hub) to Hotel Clarks Amer (Music Stage venue) from 19 – 22 January 2017 at scheduled timings